Thursday, April 29, 2010

Meet Me in the Garden of Eden, Bring a Friend.

Joanna Newsom's newest album, Have One On Me has some of the most beautiful love songs I've ever heard. The songs that stand out in my mind right now are "Easy" and "Jackrabbits". I've sort of exclusively been listening to only that album. The whole thing is good. Every single song is good. There were a few songs, at first, that I wasn't crazy about but maybe they grew on me. The only thing I'm not *crazy about* is that some of the percussion is weird, like maybe they could've done with out it. But! neverthelessssss....

Tuesday night Zach went to his mom's house and spent the night. Yesterday when he was on his way home the van sprung a leak. A transmission leak. Aye yai yai. Anyway, his mom ended up driving him home, so I made dinner. I made Campanella pasta with a marinara sauce and a spinach salad with strawberries, pecans and a olive oil/balsamic/sweet-hot mustard dressing I whipped up. She was impressed.

Today I'm getting tattooed by Josh Visher. I think we're gonna do some shading, maybe some color, or maybe some more line work. There's a bit more to do. We'll see! Getting tattooed is kind of scary sometimes. Really, it's fine, but just right before I get so nervous and freaked out. I guess that's normal.

Anyway, gotta go re-clean the house!

xovernikins

1 comment:

  1. I never got nervous about the pain, more that the artist, even if I really trusted them, was going to fuck up royally and leave me with some janky-ass tattoo.

    ReplyDelete