Tuesday, April 20, 2010

For Dean

For breakfast I made a sort of Eggs Florentine.

The Hollandaise Sauce:
1/2 c melted butter (1 stick)
3 egg yolks
1 tbsp + 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp Tapatio (the actual recipe calls for a dash of cayenne but I ain't got none, but I think any hot sauce will do, naw mean?)
2 tbsp hot water

1. Heat butt in sauce pan until hot and foamy but not browned.
2. In a small bowl whisk eggs with lemon juice, salt and Tapatio. Gradually whisk in melted butter, then water.
3. Return mix to sauce pan and beat over very low heat until slightly thickened. (I only did this for a short time because it can cause the eggs to start to scramble)

So then I poached some eggs, and cooked up some spinach. I cut some slices of my Onion Sage bread, toasted them, then spread some pesto (also homemade) over it, then sauteed spinach, eggs, hollandaise sauce, then I sprinkled a little smoked paprika over the tops. I love smoked paprika. I get it in bulk at Rainbow Grocery.

Anyway, it was really good. I was very proud of myself for not only making actually GOOD hollandaise sauce BUT doing a great job poaching eggs!!

4 comments:

  1. you can't just blog, like, once in a while. I am trying to ignore my homework over here. how am i going to do that if you never post anything?




    muah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. last night i maaaaaaaaade:


    curry couscous with peas, carrots, kalamata olives, sauteed onions and feta cheese.

    spinach salad with... spinach, duh, dried cranberries, pecans and feta

    then i just heated up some of those totallysupergood Quorn goat cheese and cranberry stuff "chicken". Pretty easy meal but really good.

    ReplyDelete