Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What up, World?

Long time, no read.

Remember when I didn't have a job and I couldn't get my head out of my butthole? Well now I have three jobs. I'm like a crazy cat lady, but with low-paying jobs. Well, not entirely.

I got a job at Lush Handmade Cosmetics (lush.com). I worked there for just under 3 months before I got fired. Yes, fired. Who gets fired from pretty close the the easiest job? Well, it wasn't that easy. In fact, I don't know why I said that. It was extremely challenging. But what it was is that there's this old, tacky, goth woman who works there that didn't like me. I was too "mainstream" for her! She's gotta be close to 50 years old. She's got dry skin. She's gross. Inside and out. Unfortunately she deleted her facebook, otherwise I'd post it. It's bad.

Anyway, who cares? Because not even a week later I got a job at Spectacles Shoppe in Union Square. It's where I get all my glasses. My boyfriend knows the owner, Kevin, he is rad and Zach worked there for a little minute a couple years ago. Anyway, it sort of fell into my lap and I am very thankful. I get to hang out and sell specs to weirdos.

I also work at the Ferry Building Farmer's Market on Saturdays and Thursdays for these lox guys called Cap'n Mike's Holy Smokes. The owners, Cap'n Mike and Sally Hiebert are awesome and the people I work with are rad. I feel very lucky to have met them.

Anyway, Cannons & Clouds are playing a show tonight at the Knockout. It was put together by this lady who is on the board for the Treasure Island music festival, apparently. I think they're doing some sort of show case. Davey's band, Monoliths, is playing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment